2.03.2014

InstaKings...

I know, I know. I said that I was going to be better about posting in "real time" and not back logging everything. Life is hard y'all. And by hard, I mean that I would rather sleep, hang out with the kids and Ryan and then well, laundry doesn't do itself. So there's that. 


Here goes our last couple of weeks via my phone...


On one of our delayed due to ice days, I was brightened up by this lovely arrangement! One of my sweet friends from grad school sent them as a thanks for hosting a mini-reunion in the fall. Aren't they lovely?!? And they are still hanging on two weeks later! Thanks, Angie!


I got asked out on a hot date and accepted. 
(This was the night of all that eye make-up...maybe Emmy was right, you can't even tell I spent hours reading instructions and putting it on!)


We clean up nice, don't we?!?


My afternoons with this kid are such a gift. Learning spanish has become a family affair, so flashcard making was necessary!


Y'all - how is it possible that they are this cute?!? I mean I know they are mine, but all this wintry cuddly weather has me melting!!! LOVE them. 


What I don't love is this work out weather. And while I know this is nothing compared to you northerners...this is torture in Texas. But I hear that you burn more calories when you shiver. 


This big kid celebrated 100 days at school last week. I surprised him with a little ChicALay for lunch. Yummo. 


These three headed north to Gigi and Pops for a little overnight slumber party, which meant I got to spend some time with my favorite guy. And yes, our first stop was the grocery store! But... then we headed to a big kid movie (seriously, see Dallas Buyers Club), napped and then prepped for our CK Dinner Club. 


And when the only picture you pause to take all night is the left over/empty glasses, you know it's been a great night. This has seriously been the best resolution that we have made (and kept). So refreshing for my soul and heart to be surrounded by the people that "do life" with us. 

Love y'all!


And if you haven't checked out the fun that's going over at Your Merry Mailbox, well...do that. 
NOW.


We are talking crushes and these two ladies are on the top of the blog crush list!


If you saw the SuperBowl and watched the commercials, you may have seen this one. (And go ahead and watch all the videos that follow). Seriously gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. But I knew that (unfortunately) lots of people would feel differently than me. And it makes me sad and angry that in a message of hope and acceptance that focuses on the beauty of this place we call home... became hate. 

BUT. 

I loved it and when we found two Cokes on a Pepsi campus (ew).... me and Max were pretty pumped. 

#AmericaISbeautiful


And that's us in an instant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment