2.06.2014

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Let me just get this out there.

We spank our kids.

Not all the time.

Not hard.

(Actually Pops laughed at me a few weeks ago with my "pop" and maybe implied that if I actually spanked the kid, behavior would change. Sheesh - he's so old school.) ;)

But we do occasionally give them spankings or pops.

Last week I was surprised when the punishment was going to be given to Landry. At dinner time. Because she's our eater and all around good listener. But she was in rare form. And I had warned her too many times and I'm pretty sure she was calling my bluff.

Me: Landry (in the Mom voice)... do you want a pop?
Landry: shakes head yes
Me: Really? You want a spanking?
Landry: Smiles and shakes head yes.
Me: Ok - the next time you play in your seat you are getting a spanking.

Emmy: NO! NO Mommy. No spankings for LLLandry.
Me: Well, Emersyn... she isn't listening.
Emmy: Hm. Fine. But only a little spanking.
Me: Ok.

Landry repeats behavior. I give her a non-Pops approved pop. She cries like I removed a limb from her body.

Emmy; MOMMY. I said a LITTLE spanking. You not very nice.

I really had no response other than to shake my heads and be thankful that Radley rolled his eyes.

Because that means that hes on Team Mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment