3.05.2014

Hot and cold...

Hot and cold. 

That's exactly how I feel at this moment. 

Meaning - I can't decide how I feel. 

You see, in 2 days I leave for a 7-day work trip to Doha, Qatar. 8,036 miles away from home.

And I am so excited. (Hot)
But I am so nervous to leave for that many days. (Cold)


I can't wait to experience the culture that will surround me. (Hot)
I am nervous about doing/saying something wrong. (Cold)


A week from today I will be in the dessert, driving through sand dunes, and potentially riding a camel. (Hot)
My house was covered in ice this morning. (Cold)


I feel totally prepped. I have daily activities planned out for the kids (mine) while I'm gone. My wardrobe is totally ME appropriate, and I'm pumped to get one more stamp on my passport. (Hot)

I may lose my mind this week. (Cold)



So friends, if you think about... say a little prayer for me, the kids, Ryan, my momma (who is watching the kiddos while I'm gone and Ryan is at work), and all of us traveling Aggies. I can't wait to share everything with you when I return!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The year I went, Emmalee turned 4 while I was gone. I felt bad missing her birthday, but it was the trip of a lifetime and we celebrated with her another day. Enjoy this amazing opportunity and know that you are setting a wonderful example for your kids (and you have a wonderful support team)!

    ReplyDelete