3.01.2014

InstaBirthday...

Friday was a big day for me... it was my birthday. A big one. A milestone. I am officially in a new box. The 35-40 box. Mid 30s. Half way between 20 and 50(!). And you know what... I FEEL SO GOOD ABOUT IT. Seriously. I feel like I am so empowered to own my age. No apologies. No excuses. No explanations. Just me. I feel great physically and mentally. I love my life, my family, my friends. I am happy. And I am so thankful for this age. 

I'm also thankful for the pretty awesome day I had to celebrate. My gift to myself was taking the day off to shop with my Momma, eat lunch with my crew, pedis with my besties, dinner with friends and then a night on the town.

And it all started with my 5:15am boot camp. One of my sweet work out buddies told me that was the best gift I could give myself and she is so right. Take care of yourselves, ladies!


When I walked into the house I was greeted with this sweetness (and cinnamon rolls, too). Landry got to sleep in. ;)



My birthday pic with 3 of my most precious gifts.


Cindy treated me to breakfast. As we were sitting down she gave me my card and noted that this year we celebrate 15 years of friendship. We tried to act like we weren't tearing up and then the table next to us asked us to take their picture. They were college roommates in town having a girls weekend. And then they began to pray and well we definitely teared up. 


Then Mom met me for some shopping. And by some, I mean lots. And it was so fun. The fashion gurus were smiling down on me because it was the first time that I can remember in 10 years that everything I picked out fit AND looked good on me. WHAT?!?! 

#winning

And who says that 35 is old? 
(Well, I did feel a little antiquated in VS. Y'all. They have a bra line called "the date bra". What does that even mean? Oh. That means, "hey pretty impressionable females. Go on a date and wear this. That way when the cute boy tries ... well, I'll stop there.)



Then it was a lovely ladies lunch. Good food, great company and wonderful laughs.


And then I enjoyed the pedicure, the dinner, and the day before heading out to our old stomping grounds. Y'all. This place. Looks the exact same...except that no one goes anymore! Ha! It was great because we basically had the entire place to ourselves!!!


And what a fun crowd to come out and celebrate with. Love these people and all the fun they bring to my life!


True story - this is also the place that Ryan told me the big L word for the first time. (Mom and Dad, I know you are so proud). But hey... it works. Because 15 years later, we are still standing together and I am so incredibly glad for that. No one. Seriously NO ONE could stick with my crazy for that long. 


What a night!


And as an EXTRA sweet birthday treat, my friend Melanie came to town the next day for her book signing. :) Emily, me, Cindy and Lauren were front row joe's ready to go!


And then she gave me the gift of a written promise of a Christmas card.


Thanks, Mel!!

(I mean... we could totally pass for sisters.)


And that's my birthday in an instant!






No comments:

Post a Comment