3.17.2014

Pink is her signature color...

When we started thinking of Landry's birthday party, I instantly knew that it had to be pink. This girl loves pink. And not because we dressed her in it, or gave her pink toys, or painted her toes pink... simply because she loves pink. So when I found this little gem on Little Trendsetter I knew we HAD to have a pink party. 



A quick search on Etsy for an invite and we were set. 




We hadn't planned on a huge party - something at home with our nearest and dearest, but I still wanted the day to be special so I turned to Pinny for some pinspiration and as usual, she didn't let me down. Specifically I fell in love with this

There was only one giant kink in the plan... I was going to be half way around the world for the entire week leading up to her party. BUT... I am totally okay with my crazy, so we started setting up two weeks in advance. 

Ryan sent me a text one night after Radley finished one party project...



He was in charge of cutting. :) And the week went by and I got a few more things arranged and taken care of, but not as much as I hoped. But...Ryan totally came through. He spent all day on Saturday prepping the backdrop for the cake table - he even informed me that I didn't purchase enough supplies and took the kids and my dad (!) on a last minute HobLob run for some more supplies. And I'd say it was all worth it...

(Please try not to be too impressed with my photography skills. Pink makes a weird coloring and then I basically had in on the wrong setting and didn't realize it until I just uploaded all the picture. More proof that fancy camera does not a photographer make.)

I mean, how cute was this set up??



The party was at 3pm so we only did cake, cookies, strawberries, wafers, mints and punch. You know, sugar with sugar. The pinwheels were a last minute addition to the cake and I love it!


And the cake wasn't just pretty on the outside... the inside went with the pink ombre theme, too! I saw this on Pinterest and one of my talented friends recreated it for the party!



I reused some ragamuffin garland I made for Emmy's first birthday, mounted the party invite on a chalkboard frame and used one of Ryan's grandma's pink corning ware dishes for the favors.



Some balloons, a sign, and left over party pieces and we were all set for some fun!



We were all set for a perfectly pink party...







No comments:

Post a Comment