3.20.2014

Tiny Tales Thursday...

So Landry had "a day" on her birthday.

She was seriously just kind of off all day.

I even gave her some ibuprofen because I wasn't sure if her teeth were bothering her, and well, drugs are our friends.

(Just kidding, CPS.)

Anyway. Nothing would suite her. She was hot and cold all morning and right before her party, then she was pretty normal and had a fun day through dinner.

But when we got back home, she was done.

The bath was horrible.

Her pjs were horrible.

Brushing her hair was horrible.

LIFE is HARD for a two-year-old.

It was finally time for prayers and she still wasn't having it.

As Ryan began the prayer she picked up a book and gave him "the eye" as if... "you go ahead and pray buddy, but I'm going to read all about this fluffy bunny over here."

Ryan told her to put the book down.

She glanced at him and literally inched closer to me.

He did it again.

She did it again.

And again.

And again.

And then he counted, "Landry, I don't care if its your birthday, you will get a spanking. You know the rules about prayer time."

At this point, Radley and I are dying laughing (with our heads turned again).

Landry refuses, Ryan gives her a fake spanking. Tears ensue and she runs to sit in my lap.

Prayer time continues.

Ryan: In the name of the...
Landry: Ehh
Ryan: Father, and of the..
Landry: Ehhhh
Ryan: Son, and of the Holy
Landry: EHHHHHHHH

(I have no idea how to write the sound she was making, this was not a cry, it was a deliberate interruption of Ryan).

I die. Bless her. And her clear mission of "I am two. Hear me roar."

No comments:

Post a Comment