4.19.2014

Field trippin'...

A couple of Fridays ago, I got to hang out with Rad's class for their end-of-year field trip. They went to the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History. I kind of wanted to kick myself because we have never been there before and there is no excuse. Membership isn't that much, the drive is short and there are tons of great exhibits and programs. Definitely adding this to my list.


I arrived just in time for the reptile room.

(This is where you scroll real fast, Mom)






































And they pulled out this little guy.


She asked how the kids would know if this was a friendly snake or not and Radley quickly sang out, "red on black, friend of jack.... red on yellow...erh.... ummmm.... something like that!"


The kids got the chance to touch Pablo (the snake's real name) if they wanted...


and of course he did.


Next up was geology. A class that wasn't too interesting the first time I took it.

;)


But the Aggies leading the exhibits did a great job of keeping everyone's attention as well as making it super fun.



We ended the day outside and then headed to the park for a picnic and lunch.


And that's the point where I put down my camera and just enjoyed the afternoon with my sweet boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment