4.18.2014

InstaKings...

April is my busy season at work. Programs, receptions, banquets, you name it. Texas A&M also hosts Parents' Weekend in the spring and I love that weekend. I love watching my students talk about what they have accomplished and seeing the parents pride in their kiddos. I especially love talking to the parents that have watched their kiddos journey from a freshman to a junior in their leadership positions and discussing how much we have seen them grow and change. 



I basically get to work with the best of the best of the best (IMHO) and well, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am also a blubbering mess on this weekend and can't go two seconds without crying. 

#tonyclines


Our biggest program of the year was last weekend and the forecast was kind of being rude. But we went for it and decided rain or shine, the show would go on...



I mean, we had special guests coming to this event (and Miss Reveille, too!)



It ended up being the perfect day despite a few showers and we had over 1200 people attend.


My crew from last year even stopped by and I basically wept. 


The girls wouldn't get near Reveille (aka "the dog") but they didn't mind snapping a few pics with these guys. Flashforward 15 years and I see the same thing happening.


The day was just perfect and I was so proud of each and every one of my students for all of their hard work and dedication. We hosted over 50 different organizations that all had a service activity or way to get involved in the community. The impact from this one four-hour period is simply amazing and I am so amazed by what a small group of amazing leaders can do. 

You can check out a video about the program here


One of the kiddos sweet teachers went to the beach for the weekend and brought them back some shells. They are in love Tori!


I was cleaning out Rad's lunch box and found this adorable note from Ryan. What a sweet Daddy!


The kindergarten egg hunt may have been the cutest thing I have ever seen. Just love all the fun things his school does!


Thursday night serious face crafting.


Radley wanted to display their finished products on the front porch - I love this sweet greeting for our guests.


Today is Good Friday and good it is! We have prayed for neighbors to hang out with and find a community within our neighborhood. A couple of weeks ago, a sweet momma was on a run and saw Maegan and I outside with our kiddos. She stopped and was so excited to see more young families (we are kind of surrounded by the retired). She invited us to an egg hunt for this morning and it was so wonderful. The kids got to play, make bracelets, enjoy the weather and then Marci walked them through the meaning of Easter and prayed for them all. We ended the morning with an egg hunt and left with full baskets and even fuller hearts.


And then our sweet friends the Acostas came over to show us how to make cascarones - we are in Easter heaven!


Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment