4.10.2014

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Emmy is kind of a mess.

An adorable, ball of brunette hair, petite mess.

And she loses things.

ALL THE TIME.

Toys, clothes, shoes, cups, you name it.

She's "free spirited" as in... she doesn't really care if this annoys me or not.

But then when she wants the lost item (like ONE black boot that somehow got separated from it's pair) then she gets sad and wants me to help her find it.

And, well, that gets a bit annoying.

The other night we were getting everything ready for school (we are pick out the clothes and shoes the night before kind of people), and she asked if she could wear a certain pair of shoes.

E- Can I wear my pink flip flops, Mommy?
Me - Sure.
E - Where are them?
Me - Not sure. Where did you put them?
E - In the basket...
Me - Then they should be in the basket.
E - But they aren't.
Me - Well, then I guess you lost them.
E - No I didn't.
Me - Well, I'm not looking for them. You can find them yourself if you want to wear them. Go look for them while we read books.

And then the tears begin.

E- I want to read books, tew!
Me - Well, then I guess you shouldn't have lost your shoes.

More tears. More dramatics about how unfair life is (at 3), more pouting.

At one point I called my Mom to see if she had left them in Waco because she had "looked EVERYWHERE, Mommy!"

Clearly.

My mom said they weren't in Waco and then has some small talk with L and Rad. All while Emmy is crying in the background.

We get off the phone.

E - I AM GOING TO LIVE WITH GIGI.
Me - Ok.
E - She will buy me new shoes.
Me - Ok.
E - GeeeeeeeeeeeGeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Me - Ok.
Rad - Quit crying.
L - Gigi?? Where GiGi?
Me - thinking to self  Bartender? Where Bartender?

I am happy to report that said shoes were found in the car by Radley and Emmy has decided that we are pretty cool to live with in the meantime.


No comments:

Post a Comment