6.07.2014

Dear Emersyn...

My sweet Emersyn -

We had a deal. 

You PROMISED me that you would stay "twee". You even said "fo-ever". 

And then you went and turned four. And while it's true - you ROCKED at being three - I know that you are going to be FABULOUS at FOUR!!! 


I adore the way you want to wear a dress for everything.
And spawkly sandals with your hair braided, or down, or in a "Tinana" bun. 
You like having your toes painted. You adore playing dress up and think that every day should be spent being a "pincess". 

Oh yes - you are as girly as they come and you kinda figured out that everyone thinks you are adorable, but so far you have used these powers for good. My prayer for you is that your beauty that is within outshines the beauty that we see. I think of your sweet KK, and pray that you grow into a woman like her - of faith and kindness. Of sincerity and strength. Of great beauty both inside and out. 



You are also very smart. You love practicing your letters and are so good at signing your name. You pick up on things that I don't expect you to. You try your best at everything. You never quit. You figure out how to accomplish any task, even if it means climbing up the cabinets. You love helping your teachers and me. Whenever I am doing a project or task you ask if you can help. Whether it's cooking, cleaning, folding laundry or unloading the car. You love being big. You love playing teacher.

Your kindness knows no bounds. You are gentle with Landry and put up with any and everything she does to you. If she gets in trouble you are sure to let us know to be patient because she's "only a baby". You HAVE to give Radley a hug and kiss good night when you walk to your room. You won't go to sleep until I hold you - for 5 minutes or 5 seconds, it doesn't matter. But you want me to hold you and it's one of my favorite parts of the day. 


I told you I was sad that you turned 4 because I wanted you to be 3 forever so that you would always be my little girl. You grabbed my face with your tiny, tender hands and said, "but I'm still your little girl" as if you knew that was exactly what my heart needed to hear. 


Oh sweet Emersyn, how thankful we are for you! I pray that you know how loved you are by each of us and am thrilled to see what this year holds for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment