7.06.2014

InstaKings...


The kids got spoiled with 2 weekends in a row at Gigi and Pops! They were super pumped for all the candy eating, late nights, no naps, mess making fun that happens there. That also meant that we got two nights and two day sans kiddos.... 



We like to start off our meals by ordering "the cheapest Cab you got". 
We keep it classy like that.



We grabbed the kids on Sunday and spent Monday at home so we could get ready for our mini-vacay to Austin with the Kent Crew! (And yes, I know that I could have spelled crew with a "k" but that's just wrong and is one of my biggest pet peeves. So, there you go). Since we were about to have a week away, I did what all good parents do and refused to go grocery shopping, but luckily I had everything on hand for "snack plates". Give these a try for dinner one night, you won't be disappointed - we generally use meats, fruits, hummus, veggies, fruit, laughing cow cheese and crackers. I think I am going to try different meat next time to see if the kids will like prosciutto, salami, etc... 




And then we were off!




We had the best day at the Thinkery followed by lunch at HEB and then a dip in a neighborhood pool. 





The hotel was about 10 minutes away, which was just the right amount of time for a power nap. Seriously, this was in the pool parking lot.



We hit a park that night and I looked down and noticed what a wonderful view I have right at my feet. This girl is always holding my hand and pulling me along to show me something new and I am so honored that she constantly chooses me to share her joy with. 



Especially when it's 10:30pm and she's still awake!



The late night bedtime and Full House reruns may have been their favorite part. 




And it paid off - this was her at 8:30 the next morning. And please notice that she looks just like Emersyn here! People tell me that all the time, but I don't see it. Here, I do!!



Our last stop was the Nation's Texas Capitol and I have to say... the future of our state is in good hands.



Me and the kids grabbed some ice cream and snapped a pic at this favorite tourist spot in Austin. I wonder who did this and if they did it with the intention of so much popularity. Because it is fun, and I do love them sooooo much!





And that's us in an instant!



No comments:

Post a Comment