7.24.2014

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Sometimes there are parenting moments when you are going along with your day and a kid says something that just stops you in your tracks. You're not sure if you want to look. You convince yourself that what you heard isn't what you really just heard. You are afraid. And maybe a little grossed out.

And, yes, these phrases can even come out of the mouths of precious, petite princesses. 

For example... 

E: Mommy, yewk! (as I'm driving)
Me: Look at what? 
E: It's a water booger!
Me: What?!?
E: It's a water booger!
Me: ::thinking to self:: Dear Lord... a water booger? On her finger? Am I really supposed to turn around and see a gross booger on her finger?!? Where, Emmy?
E: A WATER BOOGER. Over dere!!! 
Me: I look "over dere" Oh!! A Whataburger! Yes, it's a Whataburger.
E: I love water boogers!

After we made it home (and I ensured that there were no actual water boogers anywhere... you may recall we've had a run in with their kind before) we got on with our evening which included everyone dressing like princesses and putting on a show. "A show" at our house consists of heels, jewelry, princess dresses and a rotation of songs from Frozen, Teen Beach Movie and Pontoon. We are a cultured bunch.

We were having a costume change in Emmy's room, Landry is deep in thought deciding which 20 bracelets she needs to wear when she looks up at me...

L: I peed.
Me: What?!!?
L: I peed.
Me: You need to pee?
L: Nope. I peed. 
Me: Landry, where are you supposed to go pee?
L: The potty. But I peed. 

Mulan's costume needed a good scrub anyway, I mean with all the battles and training and all. We proceed with our evening dancing in the living room when Landry stops...

L: I peed. 
Me: What?!!?
L: I peed. 
Me: You need to pee?
L:  Nope. I peed. 
Me: Landry, where are you supposed to go pee?
L: The potty. But I peed. 

We may have been at the beach too long, where the sand was her potty and the sea flushed it all away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment