8.29.2014

365...

If you know me at all, you know that I'm pretty sentimental. I keep stuff. Cards, papers, pictures, etc. I get it from my mom and in my growing age, I am trying to declutter and get rid of some things I don't need.

This past weekend my Mom brought me a bag of "stuff" filled with newspaper clippings, random notes and cards of every variety.

But in every bag of junk, there is always some treasure.

Jenni gets so annoyed when I go through old jackets, purses, and even stacks of cards, because inevitably I will find money. Sometimes a lot, sometimes a little, but I always find it.

And this little hunt was no different.

Right in the middle of that stack I found a card and when I opened it, money dropped out.

But when I read it... my heart stopped.

It was from Dee.



I looked at Mom. We both laughed and cried at the same time.

I took a picture and sent it to Jenni. She probably laughed, cried and rolled her eyes at the same time.


There are moments that seem like they happened forever ago. And then there are moments that seem like happened yesterday.

We lost Dee a year ago. 365 days. 1000s of moments. Some of those days were normal and easy to take. Others, like Christmas, birthdays, Mother's Day and even my mom's first trip to the beach without her friend, were hard.

And today isn't easy.

Yes, she is in a better place. Yes, she is no longer suffering. And yes, we can be glad that she is home with Jesus - where she always wanted to be.

But we are human and this is hard.

I ache for my best-friend losing her mom.

I ache for my mom losing her best-friend.

I ache for me.

But, in true Dee fashion, she has shown up to remind us that she is with us. She will always be.

All 3 girls saw the same rainbow this morning. All 3 took a picture without knowing the others saw it. They all 3 sent the pictures to each other, me and Mom.

And then, like a great bestie, she made sure that Mom got "the best pedicure of her life" today.

I pause and give such thanks for this grace in our grief. God is miraculous. He knows just what we need right when we need it.

He knows that we need her.

And because of that, He makes sure that she is with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment