8.24.2014

InstaKings: Edition End of Summer


 It's the night before the first day of school and as I sit and type this, I wonder... where did summer go?! Weren't we just now making that bucket list? And how on earth have I only posted SEVEN times in August?

Oh, yeah... we have been too busy having fun!!! I find it hilarious that the older my children get the less and less I blog. And I thought life with a newborn was tough...HA! They have kept us busy these past 12 weeks and as summer is winding down I am just so thankful for every single minute we've had.

Even the not-so-great ones like when the stomach bug hit this week. The two tiniest Kings got hit hard and it was a pretty pitiful site on Wednesday. Emmy ate a total of 3 goldfish in a 24 hour period. Landry had some crackers and 1/2 a piece of toast. It was bad.



And I was exhausted. I needed help. And wine. And help with my wine!

:)


But that didn't stop our week... we got to spend Thursday night with this kid! We started with Meet the Teacher. We are so excited about Mrs. Vega and all the fun he is going to have in FIRST GRADE! Gah!!!! We ended our night with dinner of his choice (Pei Wei) and dessert. 


Then on Friday we surprised the kids with a fun day of We 5 Kings. Ryan took the day off and we were out the door by 7:45am! 


Our morning included donuts, a trip to Target where each kid got to pick one new thing for school (the girls - dresses; Radley - a TMNT notebook), then pedis and manis for me and the girls and new kicks for Radley. We ended the day with loooong naps, dinner for Uncle Pete's birthday, and mini golf. 

Friday was seriously fun!


Saturday started with an early morning run for me so I could work up a sweat before completing my ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. (To see the video and laugh a lot check out my FB page.) Y'all it was cold, but it was surprisingly refreshing. 


Today we took one last trip to the pool, splashed around, slid down the slide, jumped, swam and ate pizza in the shade. I'd say that it was the perfect way to end an amazing summer!




And that's us in an instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment