8.20.2014

InstaKings...

So once again I'm playing catch up. I have become an inconsistent blogger and I kind of hate that. But life is hectic, I get tired at night and I just keep putting it off. Sorry, dear readers, I will do better. 

The first week of August was National Breastfeeding Awareness Week (naturally - there is a week for everything these days) so I dug out one of my favorite gifts from Cindy and took a quick selfie. I have so many friends  in varying stages of their BF journey - the awful beginning when all you want to do is cry, the middle where you feel like you may have it down, or the end... when now you kind of want to cry that it's over. No matter the place, no matter how long... those that choose to breastfeed really are superheros! What a gift to your child, yourself, and to this journey of motherhood. 


Cindy emailed me this pic and I died. These two really are besties and it's pretty stinking adorable. The world better watch out, because as cute as they are... well they are equal parts B-A-D BAD! :)


Cindy was my +1 at a launch party for the new Dr. Smith's Spray. Seriously mommas.. order it here, here or here. NOW!!!


And we had a special treat because the guest of honor was the one and only Melanie aka Big Mama aka our bestie aka she is totally calling us the next time she's in town. Probably. Well maybe probably. 

After the delicious brunch we headed back to office of DeBerry Group (dream job folks) for a special little project that I will post about later. We had tons of fun in San Antonio before heading north for some quick shopping in San Marcos and a delightful dinner in Wimberley. If you are ever in that area, check out The Leaning Pear... beautiful location and delicious food! 


After a day away it was back to just the everyday... you know being a super cool mom and fixing them in brinner in bed. Ha. The truth behind the picture... it was my solution to sanity after 1000 questions in the car, a fight over a mermaid, tears over a marker, 755 more questions and a daddy stuck at work. 

#theREALinstaKings



Rad got to go to work with me a few days which meant he had extra space to practice his writing and spanish that we may or may not have worked on this summer. 

#oops #summerisforfun 


Check out this beautiful couple who celebrated 45 YEARS of marriage. It's maybe my favorite picture of them ever and hangs in our hallway. The good, the bad, the inbetween... they keep chugging along and I am so grateful for that!


I was running late for work one morning threw on some clothes, grabbed my glasses and then checked the mirror and realized my life long dream of being Gidget came true. Ha! Maybe I've giving myself too much credit but I can see Sally Fields or Sandra Dee totally rocking this outfit.


"Mommy!!! Look!! We grew a LOT of toe-may-does!! I LOOOVEE them."


What an unexpected and GLORIOUS treat this was!! That is CRAZY talk, Mother Nature... but I will take it! More please!


My mom sent me this picture of Radley surrounded by every pillow that she owns while watching Shark Week. I can't decide what I love more... that we wanted every pillow, or that she's the kind of Gigi that lets him have them!


It was time for another CK dinner and this time we were lucky to be hosted by the Fords. They threw a Murder Mystery party complete with coordinating menu and decor. I had the esteemed honor of playing Kylie the Cocktail Waitress... and sadly my dear bartender, Jack Daniels didn't make it. This was the first time in our adult relationship that Ryan got to wear his "don't forget to tip your bartender" shirt and me not be embarrassed. It was a much better choice to wear it here rather than the Division of Student Affairs social that he showed up to one year. 

This group is still my favorite NY Resolution to date!


And that's us in an Instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment