8.31.2014

The proof is in the plate...

If you are not yet convinced that power cooking/freezing is worth your time and effort then please allow me to introduce Exhibit A...


Y'all.

That plate of scrumptiousness was ready in 20 minutes. 

We have meals like this 2-3 times/week because of power cooking/freezing.

Seriously. This was my Wednesday:

6am: Wake up excited about dinner because I know that I'm making baked creamy chicken taquitos from this session.
7am - 2pm: Do stuff like take kids to school and work
2pm - 3pm: Carpool line. Daydream of dinner.
3pm - 5pm: Do stuff like work out, read books, and nap with Radley
5:25pm: Pick up girls
6:00pm: Get home
6:03pm: Start dinner
6:23pm: Eat dinner

If you don't believe me, here's the run down of prep time...

I placed everything on the counter I would need for dinner when we got home from grabbing Radley. Skillets were already set out, cans, bowls, etc.

I pre-heated the oven, changed clothes, and then got started. 
Rice was up first since it takes the longest. 
(My kids don't love a tomato in their rice, so I substitute a can of corn instead and they love it!)



As rice was browning, I put the taquitos in the oven.
Got out all the plates and utensils. 
Warmed beans.
Made guacamole. 
And as rice was finishing, so were the taquitos. 




And done.



It took far less than 20 minutes to eat!!!

Seriously, if you are hesitant about power freezing, let this show you how worth the time it is!

Go here for my power cooking sessions and here for power freezing!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I NEED to make these. I'm seriously the laziest person ever.

    ReplyDelete