9.17.2014

The suite life...


Ryan and I basically got to live the Aggie dream on Saturday. We were heading to Kyle Field to watch a game for the first time in almost 10 years (!) for me! What?? I live here... and I haven't been to a game in 10 years. That's ridiculous. We started the evening with dinner at Saltgrass, which we were unusually excited about since it had just opened. 

For a giant university, Aggieland is actually a pretty small place. Our fabulous neighbor was actually roommates with Kacey who is married to Jamie that just happens to be one of Ryan's bff from high school. Did you catch that? Well, we enjoyed a fantastic dinner with old and new friends before heading up to campus. 


Kyle Field looks a bit different with it's recent multi-million dollar renovations. They are about half-way done with the upgrade and I have to admit, that's it's pretty majestic. There is just something about this place that although I pass it every single day on my way into work, coming here for a game just feels like home. 

(And yes, Saturday was the first cool day in Texas which naturally means that I put on my boots, because clearly. If you look behind me there are also women with shorts and flops.)


Did I mention that we got to sit in the new suites? Jamie and Kacey were kind enough to invite us to be their +2 in Jamie's boss' suite and  OH MY LORD the amazingness of it all. Y'all. 

Not only was it just gorgeous, it was just so stinking fun to be able to walk around, grab a bite to eat, get a drink, use a bathroom with no line, eat some more and well, we were pretty close to this...


I didn't even try to play it cool - there was no point. It would be like telling a 3-year-old not to be excited on Christmas. 


I know there is lots of talk about who has the best stadium in college football, well, I hate to disappoint any of you that don't think the Aggies are the best...and that's fine... but there is no place like Kyle Field on game day. It can't be replicated. It can't really even be explained. It's simply awesome and I'm so glad that I got to spend the evening reliving the college glory days with my favorite Aggie in the world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment