9.18.2014

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Here's the thing.

I am convinced that it doesn't matter at all how a child is raised, he/she will inherently be and do their own thing.

I know, I know... that's not really earth shattering news, but it's a little fascinating and sometimes hilarious.

For example.

Radley: He is the kid that wants to please. High achieving. Perfectionist. HATES being in trouble. Gets extremely upset if he even thinks that he may have slightly disappointed someone. Days that he got in "trouble" at school - well you may as well just bury his head in the sand because he was done. Nothing could make him feel better. He would cry instantly when Ryan or I arrived to pick him up. Drama.

Emmy: Notsomuch like that at all. In fact, quite the opposite of that.

I know. You are probably sitting there telling yourself, "No. Not that adorable one. That sweet, tiny child. That precious girl. Not her." Well, all I have to say to that is MAN, does she have you fooled.

Her class works on a number system. Each day they are given a 1-5. (5 being the best). She has been on a 4 or 5 every day.... except on Tuesday when she was at a 1. Her sweet teacher let me know before I arrived that Emmy had been not so nice to a friend and pinched her on the playground. Again, if this was Radley - water works... Emmy, well...

Me: Emmy, did you have a good day?
Emmy: Yesssss. (With a knowing look).
Me: Really? Because your bucket is on a one....
Emmy: silence
Me: What happened?
Emmy: without missing a beat Meh, I was tired of being on a 4 or 5.

I think this line will go down in history alongside "I carried a watermelon." or "She pulled a Monica."

Because obviously.

Needless to say I quickly had to exit the room because oh my word the laughter.

I would say that I am afraid of what Landry will be like, but everyone knows the third kid is the perfect one. (Right Jody and Jeremy???)

I was tired of being on a 4 and 5.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a third kid, and we are perfect;)

    Emmy and Otto would get along GREAT.

    ReplyDelete