9.19.2014

Will you pray with me...

I have a prayer request today that is dear to my heart. One of my first friends (ever) has been fighting the battle of his life for the past nine years. His wife shared this news with our HS class this week:

After 9 years of battling, Bubba was told yesterday that his tumors have grown, and that the doctor didn't think he should do any more treatment. Unfortunately I was not by his side when he got this news, but his wonderful parents were.
Bubba is a fighter, and is my hero! He has done everything for our family, and I am forever grateful! He told the doctor he could not come home, and tell me this without trying something else. There is one other chemo that his body has not seen, that he will be trying. We then will be going back in November for results, unless needed to go sooner. The oncologist fills like the reason he is so tired is because where the tumors are pressing, and it has also gone into his cerebral fluid.
He has suffered so much these last 2 months, and it gets to a point where it is more about quality, not quantity of life.
We are putting all of our faith in The Lord, and relying on the power of prayer to give Bubba the strength to win the battle! Let the oncologist be in awe of His glorious hand, when Bubba is healed!
This text is very hard to send, we debated what we needed to tell all of you because Bubba does not want people to think he is giving up. We agreed we needed to tell everything, because right now, prayer is what is going to get us through this! We have one of the best groups of family, and friends out there, that can share this news, and get the prayer chains going!
Just please know, this is a very difficult time for us, and I'm doing my best to stay strong around the kids. It would be best if I didn't talk about it around them, because I don't want to worry them. I talked to Jordan a little last night, and he sent a text out to friends to pray for his dad too.

My request is simple - pray for strength. Pray for courage. Pray for peace. Please simply pray.


Our high school motto is three simple words: Rockets Never Quit. And Bubba (Roy) lives this credo. He has never quit - fighting, praying, even working throughout his illness. He supports his family through all of the obstacles that life has brought to him. He never quits smiling, loving, encouraging and praying. 

And we never quit - hoping, supporting and asking for a miracle. 


Our class is one of those crazy mysteries that even we can't quite figure out. We are small town through and through and though years and miles separate us, we are still connected. And one of our own needs us. 

Bubba is a great man and needs all the prayers that we can offer. This news shakes us, but our fear pales in comparison to the mighty hand of God. I ask that you lift Bubba and his family up in prayer. 

Move mountains with your faith. 

Because Rockets Never Quit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment