10.05.2014

First Friday Fun...

Like most small(ish) towns, ours has a few fun traditions. The Christmas parade, the hometown showdown between rival high schools, community food drives, etc... This weekend we finally ventured to a new(ish) tradition in Downtown Bryan - First Fridays. This is an event that is centered around rejuvenating downtown and you know what, I think it's working. 

(So, if anyone has some liquid assets or major capital laying around feel free to email me - I have LOTS of business ideas). 

The kids and I tried to arrive early but clearly so did everyone else. I ended up finding a parking space in front of  one of my favorite wine bars which was clearly a sign that I should go and enjoy myself. However, I had 3 passengers with me whose added ages don't even equal 15 much less 21 so I was out of luck. 


I was extremely glad that I decided to shove that wagon in the car though - and my passengers were pretty happy, too. 


We stopped for a quick bite to eat and managed to snap a few pics while we patiently waited. 


Radley was basically starving to death since he hadn't eaten since 4pm and it was roughly 6pm, so I am amazed that he mustered up this big of a grin for the camera. 


And then after dinner, we took in the sights of downtown. Variety doesn't even begin to describe what we found - anyone is invited to host a booth along the walkway and on the sidewalks. The kittens were a big hit, along with the candy, free bags, movie, live concert and pretty stores. 


I do think their favorite spot was this adorable blue grass ensemble. They danced like no one was watching... 


and y'all, everyone was watching... and they were a big hit!


Our last "show" for the night was this 8ish year old little boy. He was JAMMING on that guitar... super impressive. He was singing everyone from Elvis to Enrique and I was impressed. We listened for a bit and then we told the kids it was time to go.

Emmy looked at us with nothing but seriousness on her face, "Uh. When's MY turn?" 



So make plans to come to a First Friday soon, we may be out there with a karaoke machine and a diva.

No comments:

Post a Comment