10.27.2014

Royal Recommendations: Round 2

Dear Readers,

You may remember my love affair with leggings started a few years ago. You may also remember that last year I found the perfect pair of leggings. I loved them. I bought two pair. I wore each pair once/week. At least. They were fabulous. However, due to the astronomic amounts of wash and wear they received, their days were growing dim and I was on the hunt for the replacement pair.

I was prepared, dear readers, for a rebound relationship. Nothing was going to compare to these pants of the past. Nothing. But, I was on a mission, because, well, a girl needs pants.

I had some criteria:

  1. Leggings/Jeggings - I already have enough slacks
  2. Elastic waistband - Yes, like maternity pants (which, I'm not gonna lie - I considered, because... ELASTIC)
  3. Flattering fit - must suck in and lift (reference above, 3 babies and you need these kinds of things)
  4. Affordable - Some would argue that you should spend the extra money and get the things that will last forever, and I agree. However, our lifestyle includes small children... I'll buy nice things when I'm not at risk of having things spilled, spit, or sneezed onto me regularly. 
  5. Variety - More than just a pair of black leggings.
My search began like most searches do, at the mothership. Also known as Target. And, they had a good showing - a few prospects. One pair was out when I noticed the side zipper. Y'all - no. Not flattering. Or comfortable. 

The other pair was out when I looked at the price tag. While they did, technically meet criteria #4, I have a $40 or less rule on clothing items at Target. They did have some cute "vegan" leather options that I didn't feel like I was cool enough to pull-off. So if you are, then go for it.

And then I went to where I should have started, Jaque Pennet. Also known as JCP. Also known as my Nordstrom. I am Penney's girl. Tried and true - it works for me. I find what I like. I like what I find. And the quality is good. (It also doesn't hurt that I benefit from my Dad's retirement discount.) 

Jackpot.

I present to you, dear readers.... 






A few things to note:

  1. I am not a fashion blogger. 
  2. I bought all three colors. 
  3. I will never ever ever ever ever ever EVER wear my shirt tucked in with jeggings. Ever. 
  4. These seem to hold their shape between wears nicely. I may or may not have worn a pair two days in a row for research. You are welcome. 
  5. They are on sale for $23.99!!!
  6. I bought a medium (for size reference, I wear a 6-8 in pants). (I can't believe I just put that out there for the world to see). 
  7. They are denim but they don't look like it. Especially black - you could get away with dressing them up. 
  8. Elastic. Elastic. Elastic. 

I tried desperately to come up with two more things, but there was no need. Go forth. Buy jeggings. Tell JCP I sent you. 

xoxo
Katy 



No comments:

Post a Comment