10.02.2014

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Sometimes you see your exact image in your children and it's scary.

And sometimes you don't and it can be just as frightening.

Today as Emmy and I were headed to grab Radley after school we were chatting about her day and happened upon the "what do you want to be when you grow up" subject.

Me: So, Emmy - what do you want to be when you grow up?
Emmy: A teacher…. no… a mommy!
Me: That's great! But you know, you can be a mommy AND a teacher. (Because, obviously).
Emmy: Oh… so I could drop my kids off at school and then go teach other kids?

This is where I wanted to turn around and call on her 4-year-old judging her OWN mother for working "outside the home". But I didn't. Because I'm totally mature like that. 

Me: Well, yes.
Emmy: Ummm. No. I will just stay at home AND teach my kids. They won't go to to school.
Me: So you're going to homeschool your kids?
Emmy: Yep!

We all have gifts, y'all. And hers are clearly different than mine.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment