10.23.2014

Tiny Tales Thursday...

We have a mini-parent among us and his name is William Radley King.

He has recently decided that the best way to "help" is to constantly nag and harass his two sisters. You know, like parents.

For example…

"Emmy, don't eat like that."

"Landry, pick up your toys."

"GIRLS. Stop it. Now."

You get the idea.

(It also seems as if he likes to "help" his teachers by doing the same thing at school.)

We have talked lots about how he only needs to worry about being their brother. Not their mother. (or dad, mother just rhymed.) He says ok. We move on. He does it again. We remind him again to stop "helping."

Cue to last night.

Emmy was doing something super wrong and annoying (to Radley at least).

He keeps looking at me and then giving her a sideways glance.

I know exactly what he wants to say, so I say nothing to Emmy, but then give him an equally parenting look. (You follow?)

He turns red.

I smile back.

He stares me down.

I stare back.

He is physically frustrated.

I continue to smirk.

"AHHHHHHH!!! I just want to say something so bad. You know what I want to say. You SAY it, Mom. Just do it."

"This is so frustrating."

You call it torture.

I call it training.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment