11.25.2014

I'm glad I'm not a turkey...

I had the best lunch date planned today - amazing company AND a show. I mean, you can't get much better than that. Plus - it was free! (Well, I do pay lots of money to send the girls to school, but there was no additional cost). ;)


The WDS had their annual Thanksgiving lunch and it was bittersweet to see Emmy up on that stage as part of the biggest kids. 


Okay, maybe the oldest kids is a better description, because y'all... she is so tiny! They performed two songs - 5 little Turkeys and I'm Glad I'm not a Turkey - with my favorite line being:

They stuff you and baste you and then they will taste you. I'm glad I'm not a turkey on Thanksgiving Day.


Then they each got to say what they were thankful for and I'm not gonna lie that I maybe teared up hearing her say playing with Mommy.



I also liked that she held strong with her sign upside down.


A few prayers and we were ready to eat.


Thankful doesn't begin to cover how I feel about this school. They love not just my kids, but all the kids in my village here. What a blessing to be surrounded by those you love in a place you are loved. 


Grateful heart, thankful heart, humbled heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment