11.05.2014

Queen Bee: Sooze


I have had the best intentions with this series and have failed to take the time to make it happen.  I think one of my New Year's Resolutions will be to do this monthly. Hold me accountable, mkay?

But...today, today I want to take the time to talk all about my friend, Susan. 

Sooze. 

Y'all...this girl is amazing. My prayer warrior. My text buddy. My Arizona friend that I selfishly want to move back to Texas. 



We worked together, side by side as the low men on the totem pole for much too short of time. She was my next door neighbor, my trouble starter, my partner in crime, my let's-make-this-meeting-as fun-as-it-can be friend. My day brightener. 

She IS a wife. A friend. A follower. A role model. A mom of 2.99 because McKenna will be here soon and I am so thrilled for Team Weems. I miss seeing her life up close but I love knowing that anytime I need her, I can reach for my phone and she is there. 

She sends me texts of prayers right when my heart needs it as if she was standing right next to me. 

What she does.

Sooze is a SAHM of Savannah, Alexandria and McKenna; wife to Marty, whom she absolutely adores, and walker in faith. 

She is thoughtful, caring, open, vulnerable. She isn't afraid to admit when she needs prayers. More importantly, she is constantly praying for others. She is strong. She is faithful. She doesn't sugar coat her life - she is honest. She's an advocate for those with no voice. She is a force and she will fight for those that she loves. 

Marty's job requires lots of extended travel. 

Lots.

To places not-so-close to home. 

Like China.

For three weeks at a time. 

Y'all. That's a lot of alone time with 2 small children and one on-the-way!

Let's just say I'm on edge when Ryan gets home past 10 two nights a week, because parenting is hard. Parenting alone is real hard. 

But she does it. Gladly!

She lifts her husband up in his work - and I am so inspired by this. I find myself often resenting how much time work takes for Ryan and Susan sets a wonderful example to me, encouraging me to support him be thankful for what he does for our family. She admires Marty, she prays for Marty, she prays with Marty and cultivates a strong marriage to create a happy home. 

How she does it:

With a grateful heart and faithful friends. 

I miss Sooze lots. But I am so happy to follow along with her via social media. Every post or group text is received with love. When she's having a day and reaching out to her circle, these pleas for prayers are followed by encouraging words and helpful hands. 

She is motivated by making sure her children's lives are the best they can be. When an opportunity comes along (like changing schools mid first month because a coveted space became available) she rallies the troops and makes it happen. 

They laugh. They pray. They pretend. 

She admits when she's scared. Prays when she's frustrated. And joyful. And she offers those praises to Him. 

Did I mention she's about to have baby #3? I did... well good. Because I know she would covet the prayers of you for health and happiness. 

Sooze -

You are loved.
You are admired.
You are amazing.

I miss you so much and I want you to know what an impact you make on my life even though the miles separate us. I can count on you for prayers and support big and small. Encouraging words and unwavering friendship. I am so grateful for you. 

I am proud of you. You live Proverbs:31 and inspire me to do the same. 

I am so happy for Team Weems and can't wait to meet this precious gift in McKenna. 

They are so blessed by you!

One day soon, sweet friend, we will enjoy our cup o'joe or glass of wine and talk for hours on end about nothing at all!

Love you!

1 comment: