12.15.2014

InstaKings...

This may take a tiny bit longer than an instant... 

To put an end to our Thanksgiving weekend, we headed to dinner at Cracker Barrel. I looked up and saw this. Emmy was eating gravy. With. a. spoon. 

Y'all. 

#sweetsouthernmess


I did a post about our early experience with Santa's Wonderland. It was amazing and fun and festive and all types of Christmasy things. It was also not crowded which maybe added to my good tidings.


I love the stage of our family. Landry "gets" it now and it's so fun for us to just pick up and go. The kids are at such great ages and I just don't want it to end!


I mean, seriously. I can't be more thankful or grateful if I tried. And I'm definitely undeserving of His beautiful grace that allows us these beautiful blessings. 


I left early the next morning from our SW adventure for one more quick trip to NYC. (I know, such a jetsetter). One of my favorite things about Ryan is the way he parents. He is my partner in every sense of the word. He doesn't require my mom to come into town and take care of the kids - he's got this. From head to toe... and on top of that he takes pictures to send to me.

#jackpot



If you've never been to THE city at Christmas, well, stop reading right now. Buy a plane ticket and head that way immediately. 

Magical. 


I was there for the 40 Weeks Movie premiere with the Dr. Smith's team. I got to hang out with Claire also known as the Half-Hearted Housewife and pretend we were celebrities for about 10 minutes while we walked the red carpet. 

Bucket list - check. 


(I went to Cabaret with Niki my first night there, but don't know what happened to that pic. It was just a small thing really... I mean Emma Stone is currently headlining with Alan Cumming. NBD. Really.)

!!!!!!!!!!

Dance parties happen frequently at our house. This one in particular was dedicated to Miss Tori.


Hi.

I'm Katy.

And my current favorite cardigan came from Cracker Barrel. 

I so badly want you all to enjoy this cardigan that I even searched their website for it - alas it is not listed. Guess I'll be all alone in my CB Cardi love. 


Best New Year's resolution I have ever made. 

#CKforLife


Santa excuses naughty when there is this much cute involved!


This picture is really the proof that my kids don't always just smile and look straight at the camera. 


So it turns out when I got married, I didn't read the fine print. Ryan King has an alter ego known as Clark Griswold. More and more keeps getting added to the lawn... he is now talking about installing extra outlets. 


It looks pretty awesome though. 

:) 


I would sit in my living room, fire roaring, sipping coffee, watching the same movies over and over all while wrapping presents all day long if I could. 

#happyplace #sendmeyourgifts


I love that we wrap gifts in boxes that are as old as our childhood ... Makes me happy to know a little bit of Fely, Ryan's dad and grandparents are still part of our celebration. I'm sure the contents of this box included a perfectly coordinated outfit while what we wanted was some transformers and GI joes. #kingsofchristmas


We got to enjoy a star performance by these sweet sisters at the WDS Christmas Program - I could listen to them sing all day long. (really because there is no other option - sweet things got their momma's love for music - hopefully they won't also get my horrible singing voice). 


The Royal Hot Messes helped spread some joy... Since the oldest were babies we have skipped on the gifts and instead go on a HEB shopping spree for the annual Food for Families Food Drive and it's easily one of our favorite holiday traditions


Some of my favorite moments as a mom are the ordinary parts of the day, like my standing Thursday carpool date with this ballerina. 30 minutes of just us - me listening to her day, her songs and sweet voice. 


All he wants for Christmas is his two front teeth! 

#literally

He was seriously SO PUMPED about this!!!


And that's us in an instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment