1.30.2015

A "flu" Friday favorites...

See what I did there? I switched "flu" for "few". Because, yeah. The flu.


But that doesn't stop us... because much like this McDonald's DP that I gave my four-year-old, we see things as half full around here. And for the record, DP and cinnamon toast cure anything. 


So here are a "flu" of my favorites this week.

Texts from Ryan...


I can always count on texts from Ryan to make my late Monday nights a bit sweeter. Also, he's the greatest grocery shopper ever. I need buy fun things like drumsticks. But he never gains weight. Ever. I try to avoid the temptations. 

Speaking of temptations...they are also one of my favorites. (Not the band, although they are pretty amazing, too). Cookies. Cookies are my hands down favorite dessert. 

We have been doing lots and lots of baking of the cookies. Y'all I have about as much willpower as Barbie has bellybuttons. Oy. Ryan has actually perfected the cookie recipe so much so that his look about like this:


(And yes, I am that bad of a blogger that I google searched cookie). 

(The truth is we eat them so fast I don't get a pic.)

(The actual truth is that I just eat the dough). 

It was kind of by accident. We were short a stick of butter and he made them anyway. Y'all. It made all the difference. The secret recipe that Phoebe loves so much called for too much butter. 


So while I am stuffing my mouth with the best cookies ever, I'm also reading about how to keep it shut...


I sometimes have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. And by sometimes I mean allthefreakingtime. The only three times in history that I can remember being actually speechless:
  1. Directly after our band won the state competition my senior year in HS and my band director asked me say something. What? (And yes, proud band nerd here.) 
  2. After all 3 kids were born
  3. In a meeting at work when I was so angry that I literally could not speak.
I am a talker. I am good with words. I also happen to be right/funny/sarcastic/didImentionright most of the time. Or so I think. I am 2 chapters in and have already had those aha moments that good bible studies bring. You can order the book on Amazon and you can follow along with the bible study at Proverbs 31.

I'm also reading with two of my dear friends and we have been texting back and forth our goals, our fears, our triumphs! Excited for the next few weeks!

Okay, that was a random assortment of mess. Hope you made it this far because, she happens to be one of my favorites, too!




Linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci




5 comments:

  1. I wish I could look at cute as she does with the flu! Hope she's feeling better soon! I've got Keep It Shut and can't wait to dive in! I'm hoping to catch up with the bible study over the weekend - looks like we'll have the perfect weather for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do! I have had so many aha moments... trying to not only bite my tongue, but tame it to speak gentler, especially in those moments of frustration!

      Delete
  2. She is just so adorable....and cracking up that I see my friend Holly posted a comment because I have been thinking that your girls remind me soooooo much of each other with that long beautiful hair and adorable personality! That book is on my ever growing list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put "read a book a month" on my 2015 list and so glad I did. I think I'm going to learn lots from this one... and praying that I put that "learning" into practice!

      Delete
  3. I see what you did there. From your blog post, I can definitely tell that you're a talker as you said. It shows in your writing. All I want to do is keep reading. And I must say that simply reading about your cookies made me crave them without even seeing a real picture of them. I hope all is well. Keep on writing!

    Leonardo @ US Health Works

    ReplyDelete