1.19.2015

Freeze Frame: Landry...

 Every so often, I will catch a glimpse of one of the kids and just freeze that frame in my head. I will study it. Cherish it. Commit it to memory. Because I know that in an instant, they will change. They will grow. They will never look the same as they did in that exact moment ever again.


Something about Landry in this moment took my breath away. I just stopped and stared at her as she delicately pushed her hair behind her ear as if she was 17. I love how much fun we create and have together as they all get older, but I hate that they have to grow up. It's one of life's cruelest truths.


In this frame of life, in this memory... Landry is 2 (almost FREEEE) years old. She is having a ton of fun at a birthday party. She is giggling at her "sistah" and ignoring pretty much every one else that wants her attention. Except Kawli and Cewper. Her hair is gaining length and losing curl. She is content to be at my side but doesn't always need me. She likes playing with the dogs while Emmy steered clear. She is perfectly and wonderfully made and I could never love her the way that He does. 


She is a big ol' heaping of heaven right here on earth and we are so thankful that she is ours. I have a feeling that this frame will be one of those snapshots of life that sticks in my head and flashes it's presence every now and then. The kind of moment that creeps up on you to take your breath away again and again. I see so much of a grown up here and it scares me, but it's a reminder that this life moves all too quickly and the next stage of life rapidly becomes the next 10 stages. And as much as I can prepare and look forward to them, I want nothing more than for them to all stay little forever. 

2 comments:

  1. One of my life aspirations is to have children as cute as yours. Seriously. Your thoughtful mom posts make me want to be a mom, but for now I'll settle for you pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! What a sweet compliment - means more than you know!

      Delete