1.12.2015

Friday Favorites...

So it's a good thing I didn't make "blog more consistently" a resolution. Because, well, obviously. I am keeping the post title as Friday Favorites even though I am posting on a Sunday night at 11:35pm simply to make you all jealous with how together I clearly am. 

On Friday, when I planned to write this post, I got side-tracked with important things like catching up on Parenthood. (Oh the tears. The big fat ugly cry, folks. I can't believe this show is leaving me. It's like Brothers and Sisters all over again. A break-up that is most definitely not mutual.)

Then I picked up the kids, grabbed pizzas, and started to settle into an uneventful evening when Landry began to scream like 2-year-olds do. She was clutching her ear so I asked her if she stuck something inside her "ee-a" and she kept saying no. An hour later after crying pretty consistently, we gave her the benefit of the doubt and Pops and I headed up to urgent care to discover that she in fact had an ear infection. That moment, dear readers, is what we refer to as mom fail. How did I not notice she had an ear infection? Weird. 

We got settled back into our easy Friday night with a MAMMOTH tent Ryan made for Rad and his friend. In fact, I was jealous. I wanted to sleep in there. Ryan and I finally headed to bed only to realize that hot air had been replaced by cold air blowing from our vents. 

Yep. It got that much better. 

I woke up on Saturday morning to the sound of Ryan watching YouTube videos on "how to fix a heater." I'm gonna let you guess how successful that was. 

I am currently typing this post wrapped in a blanket with two space heaters next to me - just like in all the fairy tales. ;)  I also just reviewed the lovely estimate that the nice heating company sent us explaining what it's going to cost to replace our "furnace." (Like using the word "furnace" makes it worth all that money. If I call it a heater can I get a discount?) Y'all. I think I'll just keep the space heaters. I mean, it gets cold in Texas for like what, a total of 20 days? 

(Just for funsies, I looked up how much it would cost us to all fly to Hawaii. Let's just say the tropics are a better deal than this "furnace" I keep hearing about.)

(But I'm not bitter.)

(Or annoyed.)

(Or pouting.)

Nope.

Meanwhile, this is what my kids look like... 


They are in heaven. Sleeping in a fort. Oblivious to the cold, because they are kids, and hoping that they can sleep like this all the days of their lives. (or until puberty.)

So if you visit us in the next few days, be warned that we may have a house full of space heaters. 

Aloha, is all I have to say to that.


1 comment:

  1. Why oh why does this always happen when it's an extended period of cold. We had this happen about 8 years ago and it sucked. Enjoy the extra snuggle time!

    ReplyDelete