2.08.2015

InstaKings...

So our week didn't start very perky... 


Emmy got her usual flu diagnosis and was out. She spent the next 24 hours sleeping on the couch, drinking DP, eating "cinnaminin" toast and watching Teen Beach. Not too shabby of a day for a 4 year old. 


She was pretty bummed that she missed her 100 Days party at school, but we were able to celebrate at home and made our own 100 day count down! 


She also drew a picture that I was instructed to deliver to her teachers. Please note the caption. 

And the high heels.


Also. This is why I love my husband... 


By Friday afternoon, I was convinced Radley also had the flu although his symptoms were just a sore throat and mild fever (99). I told the PA that I was pretty sure he needed a strep test and a flu test. She looked at me like I was crazy until she came back with the results to confirm BOTH.

#momisalwaysright

He didn't really have any of the symptoms, but we skipped all social engagements that weekend, which we were pretty bummed about. 


Cindy had also spent the week dealing with sickies so by Friday night, we needed out of the house. What else in the world do you need other than your bestie, a Sonic DP/Coke and Target?

Nothing.


This was Saturday.

All SIX episodes of Star Wars.
Oy.


By Sunday afternoon, everyone was in better spirits. I looked up to this as Emmy was saying, "dance with me brother" and then my life fast-forwarded to her wedding.

(And then I quietly went to my room and bawled.)
;)


The weather then switched back to cold (for Texas) which kind of made me happy because y'all... PANCHOS. (And not the restaurant). (Although I do miss being able to raise that flag.)



I got to hang out with this kid at Barnes and Noble one afternoon. 


And by Friday, they were on the road to spend the weekend with Gigi and Pops.


And that's us in an instant!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I can't believe Radley had both!! Somehow we have managed to avoid all illness this season. And that poncho..girl..that is so darn cute!! I have yet to find one I truly love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He totally milked it, too. :) I found it at Giddy Up Glamour of all places. I had never been in there but ended up buying 5 things! Check them out!

      Delete