2.20.2015

InstaKings...

While the kids were in Waco, I got to have a date night with this hunk. We did the usual date night activities... dinner and grocery shopping!


On Saturday, it was our turn to host our dinner party and we decided game night was the way to go. Good food, great friends, and lots of laughter. 


I know this is sideways, sorry. Radley's weekly homework includes writing sentences with vocabulary words. Snore was one of the words, so he wrote, "My Pops snores so loud he wakes me up all the time."

Classic.


A benefit of having a 1st grader is that they WANT to pass out the cheap-o store bought valentines. Radley for the win!


Friday Night Lights has become our nightly ritual. We are basically obsessed. 

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.


I had a second date last week with this handsome fella!


We went to see Black Violin which was just awesome! Entertaining and inspirational - instruments are such a wonderful gift to children. Ryan and I have been talking about piano lessons for Radley and I think this may be the year!


We surprised the kids with an after Valentine Dinner treat and took them to the carnival at the Mall. The carousel was the only ride the girls could ride - so we did it twice. 


Best $20 we ever wasted to see their cute smiles and shrieks of excitement.


Radley was determined to finish the latest two books in his Magic Tree House series so he staked his claim one night.

"Big couch is Radley's today. Please."


His school was closed on Monday so we went to work with me. He loves drawing on the dry erase board. When I came back that night I finally noticed what he drew and melted. 

The Dual Language program isn't always easy. Lots of times I wish he was at the school a block from our house. Convenience, kids in our neighborhood that were his classmates, much more structured. But then moments like this happen and it's worth it. 


I am the co-chair to Rad's school Festival which basically means I LIVE in the copy room at the moment. I should be on payroll. 
;)


I am so grateful for my job because of the amazing students turned friends that I meet. I love hearing about their lives, seeing what they are doing, watching them make a difference. But on this particular day, I love that they bring me gifts. :)


Know what's a good cure for a bad day?
Wine and Tim Riggins. 


I got to tour Jerry World yesterday and they totally tried to recruit me to be a cheerleader - they had my name on the locker and everything. I'm pretty sure my hair is the only thing that would qualify.

Ha!


That's us in an instant!

1 comment:

  1. I just finished binge watching Friday Night Lights last weekend. I love that show!!! Clear eyes. Full heart. Can't lose. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete