2.28.2015

This is 36...

I woke up today and I was officially closer to 50 than 20. Its kind of shocking because just yesterday I was graduating high school. But today I woke up to off-key singing and 3 warm bodies "gently" shaking me awake to open presents and start the day. 


A day that included the season soccer opener in less than desirable weather.



These girls became official soccer sisters all wrapped up. 


Emmy settled for coaching from the sidelines and was cracking me up with the way she kept yelling at all those boys. 


Rad gave me the gift of playing hard, having fun and scoring a goal. 



And they have me the gift of only getting out of their seats 567 times. Give or take. 



I have no idea how he was sweaty in 36 degrees, but he was. 


The afternoon consisted of napping, eating, napping and nothing followed by an hour wait at Chuy's (I won't mention here how my sweet husband thought that it would be a good idea to go to the world's busiest restaurant with 10 people at 6:30pm). So instead we ended up at DQ because, well... we have six kids. 


Then after eats and treats we headed to the house for a little happy birthday complete with 


cha...


cha...


CHA!


Yes. This is 36. 

And I think it's going to be great!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Loved that you guys ended up at DQ! Can't go wrong there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday....it was my birthday on Saturday as well...we got a blizzard where I live :) yucko!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy belated birthday to you, Penny! And 36 degrees is about as close to a blizzard as we ever get here!

      Delete