3.06.2015

InstaKings...

I have decided that my Instafeed is a great summary of my current "favorites". If I take the time to snap a photo and put it on Insta, it must be special. Or funny. Or pointless. But you get the idea. 

So here goes my favorites for the past couple of weeks!

1. Celebrating my Momma!

Gigi hit a milestone this year and we had the best time celebrating her. If you missed it, check out the celebration here. What fun it was to read such great, inspiring, meaningful, words about my mom. 


2. Celebrating Lent

Technically Lent isn't a season of celebration, but I like the idea of celebrating my lenten practice. This year I decided to give up Target. And I realize that sounds silly, but for me it was less about going to Target and more about what going to Target inevitably meant for me. Spending more. Wanting more. Envy. Just a simple stroll down the aisle and I could catch myself thinking about all that I was missing instead of all that I was getting. So, it's gone for 40+ days. And I actually ran out of shampoo, deodorant, cotton balls, and conditioner. So, off to the dollar store I went. And I wondered why I didn't shop here more often. 


3. Celebrating nothing at all. 

I mean, really. How cute is this? Swoon.


4. Celebrating my birthday!

This was my 36th time to celebrate. And when you wake up to this...well you don't need much else!


5. Celebrating sweater season!

Is anyone else obsessed with long cardigans as much as me? Y'all. I LIVE in these. PERFECT for "Texas winter". And this little beauty was a great birthday surprise from the hubster. (Shout out to Melanie for the Fashion Friday tip and Cindy for being the amazing bestie that sent the link to the hubster who purchased it.)

(Sadly it's no longer available.) 



I am not the only one celebrating sweater season. Seriously. I am jealous of her wardrobe and thankful for a fashionista bestie that sends me her girls' hand-me-downs. 


6. Celebrating the Panthers/Lions/Tim Riggins

So Ryan and I successfully binge watched Friday Night Lights. It was the greatest six weeks ever. The Dillon Panthers and East Dillon Lions will have forever fans in us. Tim Riggins will also have a fan in me. (And as we have covered, it's not weird because he's my age). *And my husband my also have a slight crush. Because obviously.

And the greatest grad assistant ever will also have a place in my heart forever bc... 


#bestbirthdayever #sorrybabeIstilllikethecardigan #rallygirl 


Texas Forever. 



Linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci






6 comments:

  1. I love High School football and everyone tells me I need to watch that series. I may just need to get on board and check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny - you HAVE to watch FNL! I don't know what took me so long but I'm ready to watch it again!

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the linkup. I pull pictures out of my Instagram feed to use as my favorites, too. Happy Birthday to you...I hope it was a great day! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no you aren't holding a Dillon Panthers shirt!!!! FNL is my favorite!!! I have a slight crush on Tim riggins. What is it about the bad boy? I want my daughter to date Matt Seracen! LOL. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of silly how much I have a crush on Tim Riggins. Good thing I married one! ;)

      Delete