3.20.2015

InstaKings...

A peek at my Instafeed on any given week basically highlights what my favorite things are. And they typically revolve around being organized, planning something, celebrating something or eating something. So here is a look at all my favorites from my phone's point of view...

{Getting organized}

Sundays are the day we push the reset button. I make the grocery list/menu, Ryan goes shopping, we prep fruits and veggies for the week and the kids play happily in the background. (2 of those things are true, 1 is not). I love being prepared and I totally eat healthier when I have it all lined up!


For Christmas and my birthday I asked for these hangers and my bestie, mom and Ryan all obliged. I can not tell you with enough enthusiasm how much I LOVE THESE HANGERS!!!


My closet is now magical. And this picture does not even begin to do it justice. 


And while getting organized, I {re}discovered these shoes that I purchased in 2009 and HAVE NEVER WORN. Y'all. That's ridiculous. Brand spanking new Cole Hahns. Prepare to enjoy the summer, little friends. 


{Celebrations}

Big or small, we like to celebrate around here. On this day, Emmy was so stinking excited to be going on her first field trip. There is just something about watching my kids pride shine through when they feel that they have hit a milestone. She was elated and felt so "grown up" and my heart was just smiling at her happiness. 


And that afternoon I celebrated this kid, happily reading in the back seat of the car. I sat in the driveway for 5 minutes without him even realizing we had stopped. I finally asked him if he was ready to go inside where he proceeded to do his homework and then get lost in that book again. He read the entire thing (203 pages) that afternoon. I mean, if that isn't a cause for celebration!


Y'all. I may have mentioned that if you haven't watched Friday Night Lights, well, then quit reading this blog (or any other) and go directly to Netflix. Seriously, the best show - filled with goodness and topped off with Texas HS football. We watched the entire series with the Munsons (well, they were at their house, we were at ours) and if you watched the show, you know that the ONLY place we could celebrate the ending was at Applebees.


We also got to celebrate this sweet girl's party day. She had the best time surrounded by her friends, giggling, squealing, tumbling and jumping. And she didn't even mind that the cake was wrong.


Know what's almost as good as watching your kids get something they've dreamed of.... watching your parents get something that they have dreamed of. In this case, my dad. As long as I can remember he has talked about getting a "Z" and the afternoon of Landry's party he and my mom headed back to Waco and returned an hour later with their new baby. 

CRAZY!

But super fun and well-deserved!

(And, now I don't have to buy a car for the girls. They can share this one, where there is only room for 2.)


{Landry}

I can't believe that our lovely little girl turned three. As I went to kiss her two-year-old cheeks good night one last time, she just took my breath away. We are so overjoyed to be her parents. To watch her grow. To witness her kindness and spunk and laughter. She is just the sweetest ending to our fairy tale and I am so lucky to be her mom.


Her birthday was so good from the beginning...


 to the middle all the way to end. 


{Spring Break}

We all love a good break! Even if it's just two days away to a place we've been a dozen times. 


One day we will take fun trips skiing or to a great resort, but for now we will take the zoo and a {real} soda fountain Dr Pepper. 






Linking up with AndreaErika, and Narci




1 comment:

  1. Such sweet and precious memories! I love those darn hangers too....it seriously changed my closet completely.

    ReplyDelete