3.08.2015

The adventures of Frog and Toad were short...

The whole crew gathered for the production of the year! The Tony Awards are hailing it as "THE" musical to see, calling it a "winning tribute to frogs and toads every where."

Ok, maybe not. But we were excited to be there!


Rad's class has been working on this for a few weeks and he kept everything under wraps. All I knew was that I signed a piece of paper giving him permission to have a "special part". You may not know this, but he kind of likes the spotlight, so he was so excited to get the "yes" from me. He was even more excited when he got to practice the part(s) all week long so I found it strange when Thursday evening he still wasn't sure what he was doing. 

Turns out. ALL the kids that had papers signed got to practice the parts all week long. Then on Thursday only a few got to have one. What was even more pitiful, check out where he landed... 


Disappointment is one of those lessons filed under "not fun", but it was a great opportunity to discuss teamwork, learning to follow, taking turns, and being content. He of course ended up having tons of fun being a bird and gave all of his energy to that. 


You may be wondering why all the pics are the same. Well, I thought that we would be sitting closer so I only brought one lens. We ended up sitting behind classes of kids so all I got was the stage. I did sneak to the front after the show for one pic of these two.


And then we headed home. The whole show was may 12 minutes. So quick - just a tiny passing in a busy year. But to him, it was everything. It was so "HUGE" and it made me think of all the huge moments in my life that when I look back were pretty small. But my biggest fans were always there and we plan on being there for him, too. 

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet thought Katy...I hope my kids remember me being there!!!

    ReplyDelete