4.16.2015

Tiny Tales Thursday...

This one will go down in history. It will be told and retold and used to embarrass Landry on first dates and first meetings with new friends from college.

Landry just turned three - she has been day potty trained for over a year, but still sits on the struggle bus for nighttime. There was about a two-month time frame where she stayed dry every night and then she went into this CRAZY regression. We got so tired of changing sheets that we resorted back to the pull-ups. Right or wrong, that's what we did.

But, we decided she may be used to not feeling wet. So we thought we'd just put her in panties on weekends so she knows she's wet. Saturday morning we walked in and she was on the floor with a blanket and no clothes.

(Yes, you can buy our parenting advice book soon).

We reminded her to come get us if she has an accident and proceeded with the same plan for that night.

On Sunday morning, she was still sound asleep in her bed. All snuggled up with her "soft blanket".  I walked in to check on her and patted her bottom - and she had just had an accident.

Me: Landry, baby, let's get up and wash off.
L: groaning because she didn't want to wake up
Me: Landry, let's clean off...
L: No, Mommy. I just lay in my pee.

I erupted in laughter. Because she was sound asleep. And didn't care what she was laying in - she was basically a 19 year old college fraternity boy. I was so proud.

But I'm still laughing.

5 comments:

  1. She is so adorable. And on a side note...do not stress yourself over this! When she is too big to actually fit in the pull up then I might stress but at 3 I would not worry. All of my 4 had accidents for some period of time and all make it through the night now....and least I haven't heard any wetting the bed stories from my college boys girlfriend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahahaha!! I may have a fun college bed-wetting story. Not my own, of course... but I did just LOL thinking about it. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness that is so funny! Your blog is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! She's pretty stinking funny (and cute!) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete