7.15.2015

RHM Road Trip: Day 2 & 3


After a long day of driving, we were ready for some fun! I would love to tell you that the kids slept in and we all took our time and relaxed, but I never tell a lie. They woke up at 5:45AM. Y'all. 

That ain't right. 

But we were okay with it because that meant we could get an early start on the fun day ahead... except nothing opens until 9am. Breckenridge is not in a hurry. So, we hung at the house, ate food, sipped our coffee and then made our way into the adorable town. Now, I'm not going to lie, I never thought that I would see a more glorious town square than my visit to the Hamptons, but y'all... Breckenridge may win. 


So many colors everywhere and amazing arrangements and combinations and I would have take 1000 pictures but I didn't want to solidify my spot as "old lady" on the trip. We decided we would head to mountain to let the kids play all morning. 

The gondola ride became a fast favorite of the trip (for all of us). 


So, all 10 of us make it to the top and we go to purchase tickets for everything. Except the biggest kids (adults) can't make up our minds on what makes the most sense. Radley and Caroline could have done everything, Emmy and Anna most things, Landry and Mills a few things. But would they want to? Is it going to rain? How long will they want to stay? 

You know all things we should have figured out BEFORE going to the mountain. So the kids decide to entertain themselves with a game I like to call "run-around-like-crazy-in-front-of-people-trying-to-walk" and scream while doing it. Which clearly lead to an injury... 


While I was getting Emersyn a bandaid, Josh and Ryan made the executive decision for us to NOT pay $400/family (WHAT?!?!) to spend the day in the rain on the mountain. Instead we opted for one trip down the slide and everyone was ready. (Well, maybe not Mills).


And then came the part where my life flashed forward 10 years and these two weren't just going off on a ski lift alone, but to college. A few things:

1. Ummm - that little lift gets pretty stinking high - who made 7 the "old enough to sit on a tiny contraption alone" age?
2. I am dying to know what they talked about
3. I can't believe our babies are old enough to be big(ish) kids
4. I may have shed a tear


I'm going to let you know this - Landry King has never felt tinier than next to me on that ski lift. I am not afraid of heights. At all. Roller coasters are awesome. But riding that lift with a less-than-30lb tot was terrifying. Her little booty could have slid right through the back.


But we made it to the top and had the best time riding down the slide. We really could have done that all day, but the rain was looming in and the attitudes were growing due to the late bedtime and early rising that some people experienced. While the kids napped, Cindy and I went to a local yoga studio to stretch and unwind. 

Listen here, friends, there is nothing more calming to your soul than breathing in the fresh mountain air as you listen to that crisp mountain rain coming down. I think I could have stayed in that spot forever - so glad we did this. We liked so much, that we convinced our instructor to meet us up there at 7:45 so the ENTIRE clan could do a class. 


But first, it was time for more wandering and playing...


stopping every once in a while to snap a picture with that gorgeous mountain view. 





To prep us for that upcoming yoga, we did what all yogis do and filled our bellies with the best microbrew food in town. And this was taken BEFORE they had anything to drink.
;)


I really do think that we should just use these pictures for our Christmas cards... 

A Merry Mountain Munson Christmas... 



A Colorado Christmas from the Kings... 


And since the stress of card creation is over, we could now focus on relaxing...



Josh was really great at the breathing and concentrating part (the bending and stretching part was a bit harder). 


We were so impressed with our kids! They LOVED this so you may want to try this on your next vacation. They listened (only L and Mills got bored, but it was an hour long and that lasted for most of it), they learned and they all did so great! 

And shout out to the husbands who once again went along with our crazy and pulled through with a smile. They mastered some of the tougher poses and since I can't stand to be shown up by a boy, I managed that tripod myself. 


I mean look at these tiny warriors. 


Our instructor, Jessie, was awesome. She actually taught young kiddos at a Montessori school so she was ready for us. 

Namaste, Jessie.


Everyone slept great that night which meant we got to take advantage of the fun day ahead. Josh and Ryan took the big kids fishing, so Cindy and I took the littles back for a gondola ride before lunch.


We all had a pretty successful (and CHILLY) morning!


We made our way to our fishermen (and woman) and set up a picnic spread.



It was gorgeous - like we really could stay forever beauty. 


And we managed to snap a picture of each family before the rain began (again).


Ryan: Do you see those clouds?
Me: Do you feel that rain?
Emmy: It's raining
Radley: Just smile
Landry: RAIN! RAIN!



But I forced a pic of just them anyway. 

#momoftheyear

#youwon'tmelt

#butyoumayfreeze


So after the freezing rain, a run through the rocks, and with full bellies - we loaded them all in the hot tub for some fun. (They perhaps hadn't had a bath since Saturday at this point... the chlorine was a great disinfectant).



We grabbed dinner at Fatty's again and then settled in before our last day in the mountains...

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these pictures are so good!! I would have been terrified on that lift with that little booty....and even more so to send my 7 year olds off! eek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shaking so bad and I am NEVER afraid of heights. But I rallied to snap a pic of Ryan and Emmy and Cindy and Anna! :)

      Delete
  2. Those pictures were amazing!!! Such a fun time with great memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may actually convince myself that my christmas cards can be done! :)

      Delete