4.18.2016

{Heart}work...

A few weeks ago I was totally out for the count on the couch. Super sick and just basically a minute from death. I had spent all morning in bed and finally mustered up the strength to actually move to the couch around 2pm. Ryan tried insisting that I go back to bed but I needed to feel productive and check something off "the list".

1. Make it to couch - check


Emersyn was so sad for me that she did the best thing she knew how to do... make me a book.

"Mom!! I hope you feel better, Mommy."



"I like you singing [to me]."


"I love you, Mom. I'm glad you take care of us."


"I love you Mommy!"

(She wanted me to know that we were dressed like tomatoes (favorite food) and playing in the rain.)


This simple gesture truly did lift my spirits. It brought me joy. It made me forget that I felt less than amazing. She poured her heart into this - she used every talent that God graced her with to lift up someone else. 

How many times do we do this? When do we use our talent to help others? To inspire others? To encourage others? Do we only use our talents to benefit ourselves and how much joy can that possibly bring to anyone but ourselves?

The joy on her face in seeing the love on mine was more than a gift to me. Her giant 5-year-old heart can be seen on those pages pieced together by half torn bits of tape. Her desire to make my day brighter resulted in reminding me what it really means to give of yourself in helping others. 

What a privilege it is to be surrounded by these tiny humans that He gifted to us and what an amazing reminder to understand that what we have to give is more than enough. 


2 comments:

  1. She's a rock star! She has a pretty great role model too! You show her on the daily what it means to use your talents for others. You girls are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her love language really is art - I pray her talents are better than mine!

      Delete