8.21.2016

InstaKings...

I can't believe that school starts tomorrow for the kids. I would like to tell you that we spent the past week totally prepping for the year ahead, but I'd be completely lying to you. We did kick the week off with one of the best meals we have ever eaten ever. Like so freaking good and it was completely paleo friendly until we put it over rice. The combination of capers, green olives and prunes was incredible.


Shelly and I took a trip down memory lane with our latest Spiel the Beans talking about our school days. I didn't share this little gem then but in honor of a big moment for the Kings this week,  decided to gift you this pic. That's HS freshman Katy, and yes she's missing two teeth, because her baby teeth never fell out and she had to get them pulled. Don't worry though - the permanent teeth came in nicely... WHEN I WAS A JUNIOR.


Tomorrow may be the first day of school, but last week was my first day back at work. Radley humored me by taking my back-to-work picture. I can't let the kids have ALL the fun.


I was over being cute by day 2 though. Summer rain means the top knot is back.


Tuesday this little beauty came in... I started following Cassy Joy on Instagram a while back. She was one of Cindy's student employees while at A&M and once she graduated, she adopted a paleo lifestyle and started blogging her journey. She has since gained 10000s of followers, 100s of recipes and a semi-stalker in me. She's just darling and you should follow her on Instagram and SnapChat. She's always sharing tips and tricks and amazing recipes and you will love her. 

Order her amazing book here


Rad slept over at a friends house on Tuesday which meant we got to enjoy a little girls night in - we stayed up late watching silly movies and eating ice cream. 


The next night me and Rad stayed up late because we could.not.stop.reading. The girls benefited from our commitment to the end because they got to stay up late watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua for the 8th time. The next day we made sure to swing by Half Priced Books to snag The Goblet of Fire. I am loving this series and loving the time with him even more.


Not sure how you thank two women that have cared for ALL THREE of your kids over the years. Women that have sometimes (more often than we'd like to admit) spent more hours a week with them than you could. Women that have taught them, held them, and loved them when you couldn't be there. Women who were gifted to us and who we pray for daily. My thanks and gratitude is all I can give, I pray that its enough. Our #lovelylandry starts PreK on Monday...how in the world?!?


Friday brought us to the bowling alley with Landry's friend, Claire. The girls were pretty much the cutest pushing and Landry ended up winning.


This strike helped secure that win - Claire was just as excited as she was... Radley was not.


Friday night was Meet the Teacher - and Radley could not have gotten luckier. I can already tell that he is going to LOVE the 3rd grade and that Mrs. Ferguson and Mr. Solis are going to create such fun for them!


Emmy is a little nervous about moving up to 1st grade, but I think she will brush those nerves off as quick as they here. Mrs. Gonzalez is new this year so we decided they can learn the 1st grade at CHE together!


Rad adored Mrs. Kriscunias and I know Emersyn will too!


When did they become giants?


Seriously - kindergarteners to big giant 3rd graders...I can't even take it!


Saturday meant meal planning and grocery shopping. I haven't put creamer in my coffee since November 1, 2015 thanks to Whole30, so I am completely geeking out over the fact that the Fed and Fit book has HOMEMADE COFFEE CREAMER that is full of only whole ingredients. And all the people said #amen


These girls said amen over the fun carnival that HEB was hosting. I mean, who doesn't love stopping every 5 minutes while shopping with kids?


And then maybe the biggest moment of the week happened - Emersyn lost her FIRST TOOTH! It had been wiggling in there for a while and she finally let Ryan take it out!


Do you see that beautiful creamy coffee??? SO dang AMAZING!



And that's us in an instant! Happy back to school everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment