8.25.2016

Tiny Tales Thursday...

The kids have been full of back-to-school goodness....

The first two days were homework free but Radley hopped into the van on Wednesday letting me know that he had two math worksheets and needed to read 20 minutes each day...

Me: Well, that doesn't sound so bad...
Rad: I know! And we don't have to have math done until Friday.
Me: That's cool...
Rad: But, Mom?...
Me: Yes, bud...
Rad: I think we should make a reading log. Mrs. Ferguson didn't give us one and how will she know we really read if you don't sign anything.

My sweet little first-born.

College Hills has also implemented the AVID program for 3rd and 4th graders this year. This focuses on personal accountability and helping kids plan, prioritize and take ownership of their learning. This comes with their own calendar and Radley couldn't WAIT to fill in all of his important dates and schedule and birthdays... he's basically me. Only 8. And male.


Meanwhile, Emersyn has be holding "try-outs" for kids to join her superhero squad. This consists of being brave, running fast and wearing cute clothes. When she began to sound a bit mean girlish, I questioned her... "Emersyn, does it really matter what people wear?"

Without missing a beat... "Well, not really... I just wanted our team to match."

I may have created a monster.

Today she informed me that all the girls were chasing the boys on the playground. And I had immediate flashbacks to my own time in first grade.


Landry has just been happy "ruling the roost" as the oldest kids at WDS. Except she's a little sad about one thing...

"Momma, we haven't even been on field twip yet..."

I couldn't bare to tell her she wasn't going to be going on field trips next year, because as soon as June hits, she's done!


1 comment:

  1. So cute! My son has been in AVID for two years (this is his third year and he is 7th grade) and We/he loves AVID. It's so helpful to him in school. He is now a straight A student with ease.

    ReplyDelete