11.16.2016

InstaKings...

Better late than never, right? Here's us from two weeks ago...

We were encouraged to dress-up at work which worked out nicely since my costume was already something I wear. Should that be a sign?


We hadn't tricked and treated (is that even a thing) with the Munsons in what seemed like FOREVER so we were so excited that they got to walk around with us.


We also brought our treats with us.
;)


Pokemon is pretty big with the kids so they INSISTED on having a Pokemon theme this year. For those that aren't familiar... Radley is a "hunter" in search of Pokemon. Landry was a Jigglypuff, Emersyn was a Wigglypuff (which is what Landry evolves into) and I was Pikachu. Ryan was our game console. 


I have decided that November is always going to be my Whole30 month. I started on October 31 since it was a Monday and per usual, breakfast never disappoints. 

(Recipe will come, I promise!)


On Monday evening Emersyn just all of a sudden got sick. She was congested, her throat hurt and sweet baby girls was down for the count. I stayed home with her on Tuesday but she never broke a fever so I assumed she just had a bad cold. She slept pretty much all day and cried herself to sleep because she said her throat hurt so bad. 


So that was my cue to make an appointment on Wednesday. She was in better spirits but still just not quite herself... 


One listen to those lungs and on the breathing mask went. Dr. Henderson was concerned that she may have pneumonia, but praise the lord her strep test came back negative and her blood counts were normal. So we got sent home with some steroids and breathing treatments. 


Which reminded me that it was time to clean out the old medicine cabinet... see that bottle on the far left? Yeah, that was her NEW PRESCRIPTION. Ugh. I had to do the call of shame the next morning to get another one called in but luckily I had already given her first dose.

Those steroids were like Heman strength y'all - crazy. 


Dr. Henderson wanted her home the rest of the week, so big brother got the task of going to her classroom to pick up all of her work. We spent time on Thursday and Friday doing it all and I decided that I could TOTALLY homeschool... if someone else sent me all the homework. ;)


She was feeling MUCH better by Friday when Gigi arrived which was great for so many reasons... but perhaps mostly because I had a big date that weekend. I grabbed Cindy at noon and we were off to hang out with.... 


ADELE!!!



FULL POST COMING SOON BECAUSE ALL OF THE CAPITAL LETTERS ARE NEEDED!!!!



And then we all cast our vote for this guy.



That's us (two weeks ago) in an instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment