6.14.2017

Royally Waiting: Healing...

Another week, another Wednesday of waiting... Shelly, Holly and I appreciate that you come back week after week to connect and share. I know that I'm not always the best at keeping up which may mean that what you're waiting on is for me to get it together!

Waiting is a crazy game - Dr. Seuss was spot on ...

Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, 
or a plane to go or the mail to come,
or the rain to go or the phone to ring,
or the snow to snow or waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.

Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting kind of stinks but, if you allow it, waiting also refines you. Waiting shapes you and directs you. Waiting gives you the opportunity to release your fears, your worry, your apprehension and focus all that energy on Him. Especially when what you're waiting on is much bigger than what you can handle on your own. Releasing that anxiety kind of stinks - I don't enjoy being patient, none of us do, but I'd much rather spend my days waiting with Him than worrying.

Right now my family is waiting on answers. My dad is having surgery today to remove a growth from his kidney. While we're waiting, would you join us in prayer? Pray that this surgery is the solution so we can avoid time waiting on more solutions.... we'd much rather be waiting on him to finish his next round of golf! 


No comments:

Post a Comment