10.06.2017

Friday Favorites

This week went nothing according to plan... so basically everything was business as usual.

#amIright

I got hit with some crazy stomach bug on Monday (which may have actually just been a reaction to coming off Whole30 on a deregulated "reentry" plan.)

#allthequeso #andicecream #andgluten

So Tuesday I was basically useless because I was recovering and Wednesday was pointless because I was still in the afraid to eat anything phase and basically starving and grumpy. So I did a whole lot of living like a college kid... sleeping on the couch... eating snacks... watching TV.

Here's what I turned to while I was recovering...


Always 7up. Never Sprite. Preferably from a fountain but second best is a can.



Saltines. Me and my saltines laid on the couch and were buddies all day long. I don't even know how many I ate. I basically rotated 7up, saltine, 10 minute nap. It was glorious.


Clearly an oversized fleece blanket was involved. I'd link to the one that I have and absolutely adore, but well, I'm lazy and it's in the other room. 


I clearly needed some entertainment so I used the day to catch up on some shows starting with This is Us. I'm not going to spoil one thing for you. I've only seen the first episode of season 2, so I'd ask you do the same for me. But y'all... I basically can't take it. HOW in the HECK do these writers come up with all this stuff, make us cry AND come back for me? We cray. But this show is so darn good. 


I needed some mindless fun so I turned to the show that I wish I could hate but absolutely adore. The Good Place was hard to love at first but now that I've stuck with it, I can't quit. And honestly, what's not to love about Ted Danson and Kristen Bell??


And then... PTL that WILL AND GRACE are BACK! Amazing opener, loved how they cleaned up the snafu of the series finale that I HATED and basically still just as smart, witty, relevant, hilarious and amazing as ever. After I watched the season opener I decided to go back to 1998 and fall in love from the beginning. 


I may have been home sick, but it was basically the best day ever. 

What do you turn to on sick days?? 

Happy Friday everyone!


Linking up with Andrea, Erika and Narci!

No comments:

Post a Comment